I was hanging out in my friends Shawns & Teo’s flat in Prague, melting in the spring heat and really craving sausage and leeks somehow. I ended up creating this tart, which I don’t think I ever actually fed to them, BUT! I absolutely enjoyed it, and have made it several times since.
I love a good savory tart.
Dig in, and tag me in your Instas!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosures for more information.
Sausage & Leek Tart
- 1 Leek sliced thin
- 12 oz. Pre-cooked Sausage sliced to ¼” pieces
- 2 Celery Stalks dethreaded and sliced thin
- 2 Cloves Garlic sliced or minced
- 1 C. Grape Tomatoes halved
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 frozen tart or pie shell blind baked
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Mix all ingredients together
- Add to blind baked tart shell
- Bake for 20-30 minutes
- Cut and serve warm
Savory Tart Dough w/ GF Variation
- 2 C AP Flour or GF 1:1
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 12 Tbsp. Butter
- ½ Cup Ice Water
- Combine flour, salt and water. It works easiest in a food processor, but if you don’t have one, a mixer or your hands is fine. It should have a crumbly texture.
- Add water in small amounts until a dough forms.
- Roll out on a lightly-floured surface, to ¼-⅛ inch thick.
- Gently place over tart tin, and press into the bottom and sides of pan.
- Prick bottom with a fork, and place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Blind bake at 425 for 12 minutes with weights, then about 5 more minutes without the weights.
- Unbaked shell will keep in freezer for about 2 weeks.