I am a sucker for a healthy-ish savory dish, and I love lettuce wraps. This recipe for Heart Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps is so easy and fast, you’ll want to double or triple it to have leftovers during the raging hot summer weather. I hope you enjoy, and don’t forget to tag me in your Instas!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosures for more information.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1.5 lbs. Diced Chicken Breast
- 1 can Bamboo Shoots julienne
- 1 can Water Chestnuts diced
- 2/3 Cup Diced Red Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic diced
- 2 tbsp Crushed Pineapple optional
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Cup Peanut Sauce
- 1 Cup Mixed Nuts chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Crown Romaine lettuce cleaned
- Dice chicken breast, season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- While chicken is cooking, separate lettuce leaves and rinse. Let dry in a colander or on some paper towels.
- Add bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, red onion, garlic, and mixed nuts to the cooked chicken, and stir.
- When onions are translucent, add soy sauce, crushed pineapple, and peanut sauce.
- Stir until sauce is warm.
- Put a scoop of chicken mixture into lettuce leaf, wrap, and eat.