These gluten free spice cookies are the exact same recipe as my Gluten Free Snickerdoodles, except I used Nutmeg, Ginger, and Clove, since I have a mild allergy to cinnamon and love to eat snickerdoodles. Also, I just love to create new things and combine flavors, especially during the holidays, because there are so many more flavors than just cinnamon.
If you make ’em, tag me <3
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosures for more information.
Gluten Free Spice Cookies
- ¼ C. Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Cloves
- Mix together flour, cream of tartar, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together butter, vanilla and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, and mix until batter is fluffy.
- Stir in flour mixture until combined well.
- Transfer to gallon zipper bag or cling film and chill for 30 minutes, if possible. Don’t exceed this, or you’ll have to wait a few minutes for the dough to loosen a bit.
- Combine coating ingredients in a dish and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350
- LIne baking sheet with parchment or foil. If you’re using foil, LIGHTLY grease it.
- Using a rounded tablespoon, measure dough and roll into balls.
- Drop in coating mixture, and roll around to coat
- Place on baking sheet, about 2” apart
- Smash slightly
- Bake 12 minutes, or until just set. They really won’t get brown, and if they do they’re over baked.
- Let cool in the pan for 2-3 minutes until transferring them to a wire rack, or they’ll fall apart.