If you’re looking for a fantastic, meatless way to have a little protein and veggies, this is the perfect dish for you. Fried rice is a staple in my house, because it allows for portability, can be eaten cold or hot, and can contain anything. In this case, I have created a complete protein and veggie dish for you that is not a casserole…or is it…? You can, of course, make this vegetarian by leaving out the eggs. I hope you love it like I do.
Easy Fried Rice
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Green Onions chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Cup Carrots sliced or diced
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas
- 2 Cups White Rice cold
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Cashews
- In a small bowl or glass, beat eggs and milk together until combined.
- Heat skillet on medium-high heat. Add butter, and melt.
- Add egg mixture, and let cook for 2-3 minutes, until opaque and firm.
- Remove eggs from pan and set aside.
- Add vegetable oil, garlic, and onions. Saute until onions are translucent (1-2 minutes).
- Add carrots and peas and saute until soft (2-3 minutes).
- Add cold rice, soy sauce, sesame oil, and white pepper. Stir a couple times.
- Chop eggs and add to rice mixture.
- Add Cashews. Stir fry for 5-7 minutes.