I wanted to like Martha’s scones. I mean, she’s Martha. She’s the queeeeennnnn of baked goods. But, every time I made her scones, they were dry. Crumbly. I crumbled more outside my mouth than in it. I know they’re supposed to be crumbly, but this was extra. So, I adjusted things a bit, and went a different way. I really hope you enjoy these.
Tag me on Social if you do. Check the recipe for instructions!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosures for more information.
Cranberry Almond Scones
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C)
- Whisk together 2 cups flour, salt, baking powder, and 1/3 cup sugar.
- Grate in butter, and then cut with pastry blender or fork, so that flour resembles crumbs.
- Add almond extract to 2/3 cup cream, and then stir into the flour mixture.
- Stir in almonds and cranberries.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead for 5-7 times.
- Shape into a ball and flatten to about 1-inch thick.
- Cut into 8 wedges, like you're slicing a pizza.
- Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased or parchment covered cookie tray.
- Brush with remaining cream.
- Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.