Hi there! I’m Terra, and this is my tiny home on the internet. This is where I tell you all about my love affair with food – sometimes healthy, mostly decadent, and always delicious.
I also love to chat about making your home your own, and taking care of yourself – because I’ve had to deal with some tough things. On my journey to [heal] from the hard things, I learned to cook from some of the best chefs around the country, in towns you’ve never heard of (Laurel, Montana, anyone?). As my education in how to survive gained momentum, I started seeing all the ways food brings people together.
Big decisions are made over food; great loves are won and lost; friendships solidified; memories made. Next time you have people over, pay attention to where they gather, and I’m willing to bet it involves your eating space in some way.
I have over 30 years of experience in the Food Service Industry, and part-timed my way through a career in Entertainment Marketing. I have been featured on CBS Local, and am known for my party-throwing prowess.
Check out my Street Cred below, and toss me a line if you want to connect. I love hearing from amazing people like you.
Much Love. May your larder and your home never be empty.
Restaurant & Hospitality Street Cred
This isn’t everything, it’s just the big things.
- 14-15 Years Old: Landed a job as a dishwasher at Fanta’s Pizza in Greeley, CO
- 16 – 17: Worked at Lindy’s Quickbite in Northglenn, CO (fast food, similar to 5 Guys)
- 21: Went to Bartending Academy and worked at The Balloon Inn in Arvada, CO; Cook at what is now Avamere Senior Living in Northglenn, CO
- 22 – 23: FOH/Floor Captain/Bartender for Macaroni Grill; Marketing + Beer Tub + Bartending at a few clubs in Denver
- 22 – 26: Bartender & Grill Cook at Family Fun Center in Wheat Ridge, CO; Cocktail Waitress & Line Cook at Table Steaks in Edgewater, CO, and Billiard Institute in Denver, CO
- 27 – 31: Ran a BBQ as a street vendor at major music venues in Denver, Beer tub girl at Bender’s
- 32-33: Overnight Restaurant Manager/ Fill-In Line Cook & Waitstaff at the Flying J Truck Stop in Belgrade, MT; Lead Waitress and Prep Cook at The Owl Restaurant, Bartender at The Board of Trade in Laurel, MT
- 34-36: Cocktail Waitress at Sage & Sand in Glendale, AZ; Lead Bar & FOH Manager at Coyote Crest in Glendale AZ. Began sharing my recipes online.
- 39-41: Food Blogger at A Spork in the Road, started Terra’s Bites & Decadence HQ
- 41-Present: Recipe Developer & Food Writer at Terra’s Bites *gestures broadly*